Angola is among 14 African countries that AFIDEP in collaboration with UNFPA-Angola has supported to develop awareness and policy options for harnessing the Demographic Dividend.
It is also one of the 10 out of 14 countries who over the past four years have taken the next step to integrate recommendations from these studies in their mid-term national development strategies.
- Investir no Capital Humano para Optimizar o Dividendo Demográfico de Angola (Investing in Human Capital to Optimize Angola’s Demographic Dividend)
- Criar Empregos e Oportunidades de Empreendedorismo para que a Juventude Aproveite o Dividendo Demográfico em Angola (Creating Jobs and Entrepreneurship Opportunities for Youth to Enjoy the Demographic Dividend in Angola)
- Aproveitar o Potencial da Juventude para Colher o Dividendo Demográfico em Angola (Harnessing the Potential of Youth to Reap the Demographic Dividend in Angola)
- Angola has integrated demographic dividend in the country’s national development plans.
- Evidence from the country’s demographic dividend study was one of the resources used to inform setting up of the National Population Council, which will be chaired by the President.
- Further, the study was presented in Parliament to help make the case for increased youth investments in the 2019 budget.
Health and well-being
Education and skills development
Environment and Climate