The International Population Conference (IPC) is an annual scientific conference that focuses on population and demography. The conference brings together researchers, policymakers and practitioners from a wide range of disciplines and from across the globe, to present and discuss the latest research on a broad range of contemporary population issues.
Experts from AFIDEP will participate and present on different projects and topics:
- Nurudeen Alhassan Ph.D, is a panelist in Session 6 under the U-Plan Project: “Demand and Unmet Need for Contraception”. His presentation “Demand for family planning satisfied with modern methods: CHAID analysis to identify predictors and women underserved with family planning services in urban Malawi” –December 6, 2021 | 6:00am – 7:30am UTC
- Maame Peterson Ph.D, Poster presentation on behalf of the Team-Up Consortium in Session P4-48 “Do the changes in classification of traditional methods of contraception influence tCPR estimates in sub-Saharan African countries?” December 6, 2021 | 5:00pm – 6:00pm UTC
- Maame Peterson Ph.D.– Poster presentation on behalf of the Team-Up Consortium in P4-49 – “Traditional contraception in modern times: a methodological enquiry in measurement of traditional methods of contraceptive use in four African countries” – December 6, 2021 | 5:00pm – 6:00pm UTC
- Eliya Zulu Ph.D. is chairing Session 114 “Population Policies and the Demographic Transition” – Wednesday, December 8 / 12:00 – 13:30 UTC
- Nurudeen Alhassan Ph.D. is a panelist in Session 123 on behalf of the Team-up Consortium – “Research Leader Session: Methodological Enquiry in Measurement of Traditional Methods of Contraception in Modern Times (Sponsored by AFIDEP)” – Thursday, December 9 / 16:00 – 17:30 UTC
- Professor Nyovani Madise is a panelist in Session 205 – Research Leader Session: Contraceptive Transition Theories (Sponsored by the IUSSP Scientific Panel on Contraceptive Transition Theories)” – December 10 / 16:00 – 17:30 UTC
The 29th International Population Conference (IPC2021) was to take place entirely in Hyderabad, India from 5-10 December 2021 at the Hyderabad International Convention Centre. Given the COVID-19 pandemic, IPC2021 is now a completely virtual conference.
IPC Website: https://ipc2021.popconf.org/