**Kindly note that webinar five is invite only**
Under the leadership of South Africa’s Department of Social Development and Stats SA, we are pleased to host a webinar series in October and November, 2020, titled Demography and COVID-19 in Africa – Evidence and Policy Responses to Safeguard the Demographic Dividend. UNFPA, the British High Commission to South Africa and the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), the African Union (AU) and Africa CDC, the African Institute for Development Policy (AFIDEP), UAPS and PASA, are the other partners supporting this initiative.
Building on South Africa’s data analysis and understanding of the epidemic and lessons from the rest of Africa and other world regions, the webinar series seeks to create a space for sharing a demographic perspective on the impacts of COVID-19 with partners on the continent, considering its implications for Africa to reach a demographic dividend and achieve the SDGs.
Webinar leads : Jacques van Zuydam, DSD
Moderator: Diego Iturralde (Stats SA)
- Opening remarks – Minister Lindiwe Zulu, Minister of Social Development
- Other remarks
- British High Commissioner to South Africa
- Director, UNFPA ESARO
- Webinar series synthesis and policy options presentation – Eliya Zulu, AFIDEP
- Way forward – Jacques van Zuydam, DSD
- Closing remarks – Minister Jackson Mthembu, Minster in the Presidency