African Institute for Development and Policy (AFIDEP) will participate at Evidence 2023 conference from 13 – 15 September 2023 in Entebbe, Uganda.
The biennial event themed “Coming together to build a knowledge base for evidence-informed decision-making practice” brings together the Pan-African community for learning, sharing, and relationship-building; provides an opportunity for connection and collaboration to enhance mutual learning and the development of new ideas about supporting Evidence-Informed Decision-making (EIDM); build content for EIDM practice and provide opportunities to share EIDM practice experiences of different experts in the community.
At AFIDEP, we believe that a culture of consistent evidence use should underpin decision-making practices in all sectors for Africa to achieve sustained and equitable development to improve people’s lives.
Session 5: Institutionalising evidence: Sharing lessons and future directions
Wednesday, 13 September | 3.00 p.m to 5.00 p.m EAT | Protea Hotel, Entebbe
Dr. Rose Oronje, Director of Public Policy and Knowledge Translation, and Head of Kenya Office (AFIDEP) will be a panelist.
Chair: Marie Gaarder, Executive Director, International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie).
- Candice Morkel, Director, Centre for Learning on Evaluation and Results – Anglophone Africa (CLEAR-AA)
2. Tanja Kuchenmuller, Unit Head, Evidence to Policy and Impact, Research for Health Department, Science Division – World Health Organization
3. Godfrey Mashamba, Deputy Director General for Evaluation, Evidence and Knowledge Systems – Department for Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, South Africa
4. Rhona Mijumbi, Head of the Policy Unit – Malawi-Liverpool-Wellcome Programme (MLW)
Session 10: Increasing evidence capacities through collaborative engagement
Thursday, September 14, 2023 | 10.10 a.m – 11.30 a.m | Protea Hotel, Entebbe
Through a panel and roundtable discussion with thought leaders, this session will explore innovations shaping capacity development interventions to transform the evidence landscape. Evidence Capacities working group will facilitate the session.
Chair: Roberta Blankson, International Centre for Evaluation and Development, Kenya
1. Edwin Byusa, Cenfri Rwanda
2. Elizabeth Birabwa Aliro, Economic Policy Research Centre, Uganda
3. Enock Musungwini, Pangaea Zimbabwe AIDS Trust, Zimbabwe
4. Penka Bogne, Researcher & Traditional Storyteller, Effective Basic Services (eBASE) Africa Cameroon
Roundtable discussion panelists:
1. Oesi Sebusang Thothe, Communications and Policy Engagement Manager – AFIDEP
2. Charity Chisoro, Programme Officer – AEN South Africa
3. Hazel Zaranyika, Programme Officer – AEN South Africa
4. Tangang Andrew Tangang, Senior Policy Analyst – Effective Basic Services (eBASE) Africa, Cameroon
5. Violet Murunga, Research and Policy Analyst – AFIDEP
6. Leyla Abdullahi, Senior Research and Policy Analyst – AFIDEP
SESSION 16: Education and youth employment Part B: Evidence for education
Thursday, September 14, 2023, | 3.45 p.m – 5.00 p.m | Protea Hotel, Entebbe
The round table will incorporate contributions from across the Africa Evidence Network. A structured discussion will be facilitated by one of the Africa Evidence Leadership Award winners.
Chair: Gloria Anderson, Executive Director TEDI, Tanzania
Round table discussion panelists:
1. Leyla Abdullahi, Senior Research and Policy Analyst – AFIDEP
2. Pambe Miong Rigobert Hanny, Deputy Lead of Programmes eBASE Africa, Cameroon
3. Micheal Ainomugisha, Building Tomorrow, Uganda
4. Chanice Fri Okwen, eBASE Africa, Cameroon
5. Anselm Guezo, University of Abomey-calavi, Benin
6. Bruce Chidi, Gogetters Brand (pty) Ltd
Register here: https://bit.ly/3R98VR4
Read more about AFIDEP’s impact on EIDM: www.afidep.org